Congratulations!!! You’ve officially made it to the Second Trimester. As you continue to watch your belly grow, these next several weeks will be very exciting. You will begin to feel your little one moving about!
It’s so important to continue praying for your child. This is one of the sweetest gifts you can give them.
Praying for your Baby during the Second Trimester
- Your baby is becoming more and more of a little person every day! This week his/her fingerprints are beginning to form. This is one of the physical ways that God creates each of us to be completely unique. Isn’t this so amazing??
Prayer – Lord Jesus, I’m so grateful to be in my second trimester. Over the next several weeks, I am so excited to see my baby grow. Thank you for making my little one unique. It’s truly a gift that you have marked each of us as a child of God with a special fingerprint. I pray that you will help them to use their unique traits for your good.
- “I will be to you a Father.You will be to me sons and daughters,’ says the Lord Almighty.” 2 Corinthians 6:18
- This week your baby’s muscles begin to strengthen. He/she may begin testing them out by moving their arms and legs. It’s important to begin praying for their strength in Christ. That they would know, no matter what the circumstance, God will always have their best interest at heart.
Prayer – God, please keep watch over my little one as they continue to grow. I pray that they would find a passion and desire to follow you. Give me the knowledge to raise them in your strength and that you would plant a strong faith in their heart. Amen.
- “Even so, let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.” Matthew 5:16
- From here on out, be paying attention to the little flutters in your stomach. You could feel your baby kicking around! Also, your little one is beginning to hear your voice. Isn’t it amazing that they will be able to recognize your voice once they are born?
Prayer – Lord, It’s so amazing that my little one will recognize my voice after he/she is born. Just as I will console them as they cry, I pray that your voice would bring them comfort too. That that would learn to listen for your Holy Spirit, to guide them through life. Amen.
- “The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name, and leads them out.” John 10:3
- God is beginning to work on the little details of your baby’s body. Your little one’s eyelashes and eyebrows are starting to form. Their little bones are becoming stronger as they change from cartilage into bone.
Prayer – Lord Jesus, Thank you for this beautiful miracle. Everyday you are creating this little one to be perfect in your eyes. This week as my baby’s bones begin to strengthen, also prepare him/her to be spiritually strong. That they would believe in you.. Not by what they have seen but by the example of my faith. Amen.
- “Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, proof of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1
- This week your baby is able to hear all kinds of sounds. Surprisingly, the womb isn’t the quietest place. They may even begin to respond to different noises. Start talking to your little one and remind them of God’s goodness!
Prayer – God, I pray for my little one’s ears. That he/she would hear my words and begin to know you. I know that they may not understand what I’m saying, but I pray that it would build a foundation for their life. Please keep reminding me to share words of love, kindness, compassion, and understanding. Thank you for giving me the gift of motherhood. Amen.
- “Pleasant words are a honeycomb, Sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.” Proverbs 16:24
- Your sweet little one is already forming their second teeth. Although they are about the size of a banana, God has begun to form many of the connections they will need to be able to use their five senses.
Prayer – Lord, as my little one’s senses begin to form, I pray that they would be used for your good. That they would have a spirit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Let me be an example of these characteristics to help guide them in life. Amen
- “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” Galatians 5:22-23
- By this week you should know the gender of your baby!!! Now you can begin planning for their nursery and all the little gender specific things. God has given you a baby boy or girl for a specific reason. Isn’t it crazy that God knew even before they were conceived what the baby’s gender would be?!
Prayer – God, Thank you so much for giving us a sweet baby boy/girl to love and nurture. As he/she continues to grow in my womb, I pray that you would help prepare me to mother this child. That I would help him/her to grow into their role as a man/woman of God. Thank you for blessing me with this gift of life. Amen.
- “My flesh and my heart fails, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Psalm 73:26
- You are officially halfway there! Your little one is beginning to recognize your voice and those around you. Be sure to start singing and talking to your baby!
Prayer – Lord Jesus, I am so grateful to be halfway through my pregnancy. As the days get closer to meeting my child, I become more excited to see the miracle you created. I pray that I would begin a relationship with my little one, that will only strengthen as the years go on. Help me to share your unfailing love with my baby boy/girl. Amen.
- “He is your praise, and he is your God, who has done for you these great and awesome things, which your eyes have seen.” Deuteronomy 10:21
- Your baby will be able to start tasting the foods you are eating. It’s so important to introduce them to healthy fruits and veggies while they are still in the womb. God created each of our taste buds to be unique, this is why no two people love exactly the same foods!
Prayer – God, with each bite of food I enjoy, I pray that you would nourish my little one. You created each food for a specific purpose. Although I don’t always want healthy foods, would you help me to make better choices? I pray that my child would enjoy the foods you created and that they would grow strong because of them. Amen.
- “Whether therefore you eat, or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:31
- Those little flutters may turn into kicks and dance parties in your stomach. Over the next several weeks, you will begin to notice patterns of when your little one is most active. You will begin to form a connection with your little one, a relationship only God could create.
Prayer – Lord, what a gift it is to feel my little one moving around. It’s truly such a joy to know that I am carrying your child. I pray that over the next several weeks, I will begin to form a bond with him/her that will last a lifetime. Thank you for giving me the honor to carry this child. Amen.
- “But you brought me out of the womb. You made me trust at my mother’s breasts. I was thrown on you from my mother’s womb. You are my God since my mother bore me.” Psalm 22:9-10
- This week is a huge milestone. If you went into labor, your baby would have a chance of surviving. God has a plan for your life and the little one growing inside of you. From this point forward, begin praying for your delivery.
Prayer – God, I pray that you would protect this child and my body as we enter into the second half of pregnancy. This week is so special and important. Give me peace in knowing that no matter when I deliver that your hand will hold us. Your plans are better than mine and I pray that I would only do what you have called me to. Amen.
- “Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me.” Isaiah 49:16
- It’s amazing that over the next 15 weeks your baby will gain most of their weight. Right now they are about 1.5 lbs and most of that is from their organs. Everyday, they will be growing and looking more and more like a newborn.
Prayer – Lord Jesus, I am so grateful for the life growing within me. I pray that as we get closer to my due date, that he/she would continue to grow and strengthen. Thank you for reminding me what a blessing this is.
- “Looking at them, Jesus said, “With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
- Your baby is beginning to open and close their eyes. This is helping them prepare to come into the world. Thank God for this little gift and all the beauty that he/she will see.
Prayer – God, what joy I will feel when I get to see my little one. I can’t even begin to imagine the love that will overwhelm me. I pray that as my child walks through life that he/she would see all the beauty you have created. Help him/her to see the goodness in others and find your love written throughout their life. Amen.
- “The heavens declare the glory of God. The expanse shows his handiwork.” Psalm 19:1
- You are officially at the end of your Second Trimester!!!!! Take some time to celebrate this milestone. You may want to start “nesting” and preparing for this little one to come into the world.
Prayer – God, Thank you so much for a healthy pregnancy up until this point. I am so grateful to be carrying this child and that you are watching over both of us. As I prepare to welcome my little one home, I pray that you would remind me of the necessities and not let me get caught up in all the things I want. This is such a joyful time and I can’t wait to meet my sweet baby boy/girl. Amen.
- “Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope, in the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13
Below is a Pinterest friendly photo…. share with your pregnant friends!!
God has made everything perfect in HIS image. It’s difficult NOT to be in awe of God and His goodness, as you read about all that He is doing inside of you!
I hope that these prayers encourage you and your walk with God. Let these words be an inspiration…. and not just recited. My prayer is that during this special time you would find a deeper connection with the Lord.
FREE Pregnancy Prayer Cards >> Click Here
Other Posts you might enjoy……
Missed First Trimester Prayers + Bible Verses >> Click Here
Third Trimester Prayer + Bible Verses >> Click Here
Prayers for Babies in the Womb >> Click Here