Congratulations on your pregnancy!! Whether you just found out or are several weeks into your first trimester, this is such a special time.
A baby is truly a gift from the Lord. As your little one begins to develop, you will find yourself in awe of our creator. He has planned everything so perfectly. While you learn about how He is knitting your baby together…. each and every week… you will see what an amazing miracle this is.
Praying for Your Baby + Pregnancy During The First Trimester:
- Over the last couple of weeks, your baby has begun to form. Their little outline is being created and is fastly growing. Before they were even conceived, God knew everything about them; Their hair and eye color, personality,and a plan for their life.
- Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank you for giving me this beautiful gift. As you begin to knit my little one together, may your hand be protecting and guiding us. You already know exactly who they will become. Thank you for entrusting me with your child. I pray that you would begin to prepare me for the journey of motherhood. Amen
- “For you formed my inmost being. You knit me together in my mother’s womb.” Psalm 139:13 (WEB Version)
- This week your baby has begun to form their major organs. It’s truly amazing to think that there is a little heart beating inside of you. When we realize how incredibly complex the process of growing a baby is, it’s the perfect reason to praise and thank our creator!
- Prayer: Lord, I pray for the heart of my little one;That it would be physically and spiritually strong. I pray that they would grow up to have a heart for you, desiring to love and praise your name. God, help me to protect and guide them in your ways. I know my actions will be the greatest example of your goodness. Thank you for this beautiful little gift. Amen
- “Trust in Yahweh with all your heart,and don’t lean on your own understanding.” Proverbs 3:5 (WEB Version)
- Your little one’s eyes, nose, and ears begin to take shape this week. It’s amazing to think that their physical features are being created… perfectly in His image. It’s so exciting to imagine what your sweet baby will look like.
- Prayer: God, I am so excited to meet my little baby. I can’t wait to see who he/she looks like and how you blend our features to make him/her unique. But Lord, I pray that above their physical looks that they will be noticed for your spirit that shines through them. Amen.
- “Even so, let your light shine before men; that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.” Matthew 5:16 (WEB Version)
- If you haven’t noticed pregnancy symptoms yet, you may start to feel some. Knowing that this is a sign that your baby is growing, might make them a little more bearable. This week your little one’s brain is beginning to develop and form.
- Prayer: God, as each day passes and my baby grows, I pray that I can be grateful for this miracle of life. I don’t want to focus on the nausea or other symptoms I’ve been feeling. I hope that these feelings can be a reminder of your goodness. Lord, I pray that as my child’s brain begins to develop, that they would use their intelligence for your good. Give me the knowledge I will need to guide them through life. Amen.
- “Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind” Matthew 22:37 (WEB Version)
- After this week, you are two months pregnant!! This is a very exciting milestone because you are probably having your first ultrasound. Your little one is moving all around, especially since their arms and legs have formed. Their little fingers and toes are still webbed but are growing so quickly!
- Prayer – Lord Jesus, I am so excited for my first ultrasound. I pray that you would surround me with peace and assurance that no matter what your plans are good. God, let my baby’s heartbeat be a reminder of what a good and powerful God you are. I pray that my little one will serve you and your kingdom. That they will use their hands and feet to share your goodness. Thank you Lord for giving me this blessing!
- “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might;” Ecclesiastes 9:10 (WEB Version)
- Many of your baby’s organs are beginning to form. It’s truly amazing to think about how He so carefully and in perfect order, knits your little one together.
- Prayer – Father, thank you for this gift of life that is growing within me. I pray that as he/she grows, that you would carefully knit them together. Help me to nourish my body so he/she can be strong and healthy.
- “I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
- This week the connections in your baby’s brain are forming! This is what will help them learn in school, play an instrument, or even understand the fundamentals of a sport. God is creating your little one’s personality and unique qualities every day. Isn’t it amazing to think that your baby is already becoming a little person?!
- Prayer – God, I’m amazed as I read about all the ways my baby is growing. I pray that one day they would use their intelligence to further your kingdom. Whether it be through business, an instrument, or their athletic ability, may they world see you in everything they do. Help me as a mother, to only encourage these gifts and desires of his/her heart because I know you gave it to them. Thank you Lord for all that you’ve given to me.
- “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared before that we would walk in them.” Ephesians 2:10 (WEB Version)
- You probably don’t even realize it, but your little one is fluttering all around. He/she is also beginning to form their finger nails, this week. You may be realizing that God is starting to work on your baby’s littlest details. Praise and thank Him for each and every part of this process!
- Prayer – God, you truly are all knowing. As I begin to realize how complex the process of my growing baby is, I am in awe of your greatness. I pray that as my child grows, they would have an active faith in you and would live in constant gratitude of your goodness. Thank you God for all the blessings you have given me. Amen.
- “Great is our Lord, and mighty in power.His understanding is infinite.” Psalm 147:5 (WEB Version)
- This week your little one’s proportions are beginning to even out. At this point they have all their teeth, fingers and toes! Although you won’t be able to feel them moving about, they are becoming responsive to your touch. You may not have much of a bump yet, but your baby can feel when you are rubbing your belly!
- Prayer – Lord, thank you for giving me the ability to carry my child. I am so blessed to be able to experience pregnancy, something that so many women pray for. Help me to become the mother you have called me to be. Keep my little one growing strong. Amen.
- “In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus toward you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- Congratulations!!! You are in the 2nd trimester! How exciting that the Lord has given you this gift of life to carry! If you haven’t already, this week you will start telling your friends and family. It will be such a joy to see how everyone reacts……. when they find out you are expecting!
- Prayer – Lord Jesus, I am so grateful to be in my second trimester. We are so much closer to meeting our little one and can’t wait to meet him/her. I pray that you would be with our friends and family, as we tell them this exciting news. Let these people, who mean so much, be examples of your love and kindness for our baby to look up to. Thank you, God, for this exciting time! Amen.
- “Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6 (WEB Version)
Below is a Pinterest friendly photo…. to share with your pregnant friends!!
God is so good. He has perfect knit this child together…. every feature was carefully designed and thought out. When you read about your growing baby, it’s impossible to not be in AWE of God.
I hope that these prayers encourage you and your walk with God. Let these words be an inspiration…. and not just recited. My prayer is that during this special time you would find a deeper connection with the Lord.
Other Posts you might enjoy……
Second Trimester Prayer + Bible Verses >> Click Here
Third Trimester Prayers + Bible Verses >> Click Here
Prayers for Babies in the Womb >> Click Here
If you purchase through my affiliate link, I will give you my 40 Week Pregnancy Devotional! Just send me a copy of your receipt and I will send you over the bonuses!