Giving birth can be one of the most beautiful and holy moments that a mother goes through. When she is focused on trusting God throughout her labor, it can help her to relax and enjoy the process. As a believer, you can invite God into your birth with Biblical Birth Affirmations and Bible Verses.
With my first pregnancy, I read through some generic birthing affirmations and didn’t really get around to using them during labor. But with my second, I had my husband read them to me and post them around the birthing room.
I can’t tell you what a difference these biblical birth affirmations made! They helped to remind me that God created me to birth and to trust His plans.
Best Biblical Birth Affirmations
Before we get into this list, I hope that you will connect with a few of these and use them throughout your pregnancy and birth. I know how overwhelming it can be to feel like you need to use them all, so choose a few a write them down. It will be easier to recall them during the thick of labor too.
- I am blessed.
- God made me made to birth my baby.
- God already knows how my baby will enter the world.
- I am loved and supported.
- Each wave is bringing me closer to my baby.
- My body and baby are working together.
- Soon I will meet the greatest gift God has given to me.
- My baby is the perfect size for me.
- God created birth.
- God gives me peace.
- In Him I find stillness.
- My job is to trust God’s plan.
- Everything is going exactly as He planned it.
- With God, I can do anything.
- He is with me through it all.
- Be strong + Courageous.
- I am confident that God is with me.
- Do not be afraid.
- For perfect love drives out fear.
- The Lord is not slow to fulfill His promises.
- I can endure each wave because my home rests in Him.
- Find rest in Him.
- I embrace God’s plan for my birth.
- God chose me as a mother for this child.
- Women have birthed babies since the beginning of time.
- Each wave has a purpose.
- My Strengthen comes from the Lord.
- I trust the Lord to fulfill His promises.
- God has prepared me for this day.
- God is with me, so I will have a peaceful birth.
- Each breath brings me comfort.
- I breathe in God’s strength with each breath.
- I trust that my body to birth my baby.
- My body was fearfully and wonderfully made.
- God chose today for my baby to be born.
- God designed birth.
- I surrender my birth to Him.
- He knows what I’m feeling and thinking.
- “I am not afraid. I was born to do this.” St. Joan of Ark
- He can replace my fears with perfect peace.
- God has me in His hands.
- I can not change His plans, I need to trust the process.
- He is my rock and my shield.
- God is with me as I birth my baby.
- I am surrounded by love.
- Fear is a liar
- Keep breathing. Keep relaxing. Keep trusting God.
At Bless Our Littles, we like to talk about things we love and think you might enjoy too. Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links. Which means we will receive a commission, if you click on a link and make a purchase. This is no extra cost to you. There are some products we have tried and others that we haven’t but think would be helpful to you!
Bible Verse Affirmations for Birth
I wanted to include some of the Bible Verses that helped me throughout my labor. I actually wrote these on extra heavy duty postcard cardstock and used them throughout my pregnancy and at my birth!
Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved worldwide. www.zondervan.com The “NIV” and “New International Version” are trademarks registered in the United States Patent and Tademark Office by Biblica, Inc.™
1. Psalm 145:5
"They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty— and I will meditate on your wonderful works."
2. Psalm 16:8
" keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken."
3. Psalm 127:3
"Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him."
4. Psalm 46:5
"God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day."
5. Proverbs 3:5
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;”
6. 1 John 5:14
“This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.”
7. 2 Corinthians 12:9
“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.”
8. Psalm 56:3-4
"When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise— in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?"
9. Isaiah 41:13
"For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."
10. Deuteronomy 31:8
"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
11. 1 Peter 5:7
"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
12. Ephesians 6:10
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power."
13. Matthew 11:28
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
14. 2 Chronicles 15:7
15. Romans 8:18
"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."
It’s never too late to introduce Biblical birth affirmations into your pregnancy and labor. Even if you are due any day, these will help you to relax, let go of fear, and enjoy the birthing process!
Below is a Pinterest friendly photo… so you don’t lose this post!
Other Posts You Might Enjoy….