Your toddler may not remember that fun summer vacation from when they were two or bike riding each weekend to get Ice Cream Cones, but this is setting a foundation for how they will live their life. Introducing them to many different kinds of experiences will help them to be well-rounded adults. No matter what your family enjoys, you will find many FUN activities to do from this Ultimate Toddler Bucket List.
I love creating memories with my girls. Even though they may not remember it all, I have pictures that capture the moment and funny stories to tell.
Although many of these activities are fairly simple to complete, keep in mind that your toddler may not resonate with all of them…. and that’s okay. If something feels like it’s becoming challenging for either of you, put that activity of the back burner until they are ready to enjoy it!
The ULTIMATE Toddler Bucket List (for Every Season)
Before I share some activity ideas for you and your toddler, I have categorized these by season. I felt like that was the easiest way for you to be able read through them
I would highly recommend saving this to your Toddler Pinterest Board, so you don’t lose this post!
Pin this Image to Your Pinterest Board, so you don’t lose it!
Spring + Summer Toddler Bucket List
First up is spring and summer. I grouped these together because so many of the activities can be done in both seasons.
Take this time to soak up the outdoors. It will not only refresh your soul, but it also may help your toddler sleep a little better!
Alrighty, lets get into some of the best Spring and Summer Toddler Bucket List Ideas:
- Learn to Ride a Bike
- Go on a bike ride as a family
- Go to all the parks in your area
- Fly a kite
- Play with Chalk
- Create a Suncatcher
- Plant a garden
- Build a Birdhouse
- Build a Bird feeder
- Have a Picnic
- Jump in the puddles
- Watch + Feed Ducks
- Make Mud Pies
- Catch Bugs
- Catch Fireflies
- Watch a Caterpillar turn into a butterfly
- Visit the Zoo
- Go to a Local Farm
- Play Hopscotch
- Have a Tea Party
- Make S’mores
- Have a campfire
- Go Camping (Even if it’s in the backyard)
- Go to Splash Pad
- Practice Climbing Trees
- Go to Your Local Museums
- Go to a Carnival
- Play in the sprinkler
- Go to any local festivals
- Visit the Ocean
- Collect Seashells
- Go to the Lake
- Build Sand Castles
- Go on your first Family Vacation
- Pick Your Own: Strawberries, Blueberries, Huckleberries, or Cherries
- Have dinner outside!
- Have breakfast while the sun rises
- Go to the Drive-Ins
- Biking to Get Ice Cream
- Visit the farmers market
- Start a Rock Collection
- Wash the car
- Watch a Parade
Fall Bucket List Ideas
I need to be honest, fall is my favorite time of year. Our family will do many of these things EVERY SINGLE YEAR. I hope some of these ideas become traditions in your home too!
- Go to the pumpkin patch
- Go to the apple orchard
- Jump In Leaves
- Paint pumpkins
- Make Caramel Apples
- Make Homemade Apple things (Apple Sauce, Apple Butter, Apple Pie)
- Go on a Lunch Date
- Have a Movie Night.. with sleeping bags on the floor!
- Take a Tour of the local fire station!
- Build Forts with Blankets
- Make Paper Airplanes
- Play “Eye Spy” in the Car
- Beginner Board Games
- Finger Paint
- Put on a Puppet Show with Sock Puppets
- Go on a Hayride
- Read Some Fall Books
- Go to Your Local High School Football Game
- Visit a Sunflower Field/Farm
- Enjoy some Apple Cider + Apple Cider Donuts of course!
- Dress the WHOLE family up for Halloween
Winter Bucket List Ideas
In the chilliest months of the year, embrace the cold and find activities that are warm and cozy in your home! This is a great time to focus in on enjoying your little family.
Don’t forget that many fun memories can still be made outside….. you just need to bundle up 😉
- Play dress Up
- Go to a Live Show (Like Disney On Ice)
- Have a Pajama Day
- Watch Christmas Movies
- Make Treats for Your Neighbors
- Take Pictures with Santa
- Look at Christmas Lights
- Go to Krispy Cream when the donuts are “Hot Now”
- Let Your Toddler Take Pictures
- Play Hide + Seek in the House
- Play in the snow
- Build a Snow Man
- Go Sleigh riding
- Take a Train ride like the Polar Express
- Have Extra Large boxes from Christmas? Make a House for them to play in!
- Decorate a Gingerbread House
- Bake Together
- Enjoy some Hot Chocolate
- Make DIY Christmas Cards for Friends + Family
- Have a Picnic in the Living Room
- Make Salt Dough Ornaments
- Write a Letter to Santa
- Make Paper Chains
- Cut out Snowflakes
- Read About Jesus’ birth
- Enjoy an Advent Calendar (Check Out my Favorite Bible Verses for Advent)
- Cut down a Christmas Tree
- Go to a Christmas Parade
18 Fun Christmas Activity Ideas for Toddlers
Lastly, I thought I would add a section about Christmas because there were so many activities for the holiday season! This time is so special and sacred, I hope that you enjoy making memories together!
- Create a Christmas Eve Box
- Read a Christmas Story
- Watch a Christmas Movie
- Read about Jesus’ birth in the Bible
- Christmas Bath: Glow Sticks + Holiday Bath Bomb
- Dance to Christmas Music
- Make Cookies for Santa
- Enjoy Hot Chocolate + Marshmallows
- Put out Carrots for the Reindeer
- Make Reindeer Food
- Hang Their Stocking
- Give them Christmas Pajamas
- Watching Santa in the North Pole
- Go look at Christmas Lights
- Candy Cane Scavenger Hunt
- Go Caroling
- Picnic Next to the Christmas Tree
- Do a Christmas Craft (Playdough)
Spending quality time with your toddler may feel difficult at first, but once you start to work through this toddler’s bucket list… you will find yourself crazing more of it! Take your time and soak up all the memories… they aren’t little for vary long.
Below is a Pinterest friendly photo… so you don’t lose this post!
Other Posts You Might Enjoy….