Figuring out how to appropriately congratulate a coworker on a new baby can lead to some frustrating writer’s block. Coworker relationships are not always friendships in the traditional sense; however, they are almost always cordial enough for congratulations to be exchanged when a new baby is involved! A good rule of thumb is this: keep it short, simple, and sweet!
Messages For a Coworker You Are Close To
- “I couldn’t be any happier for you and your partner on the arrival of your new baby! You two will make wonderful parents. Congratulations!”
- “Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! You deserve all of the happiness your new baby will bring. I am so happy for you!”
- “[My child] and I cannot wait to attend dress-ups and tea parties with you and your new little one! Congratulations on your new arrival!”
Messages For That “Distant” Coworker
- “Sending congratulations and well-wishes for you and your partner on the day of your baby’s birth. Congratulations!”
- “Wishing blessings of health and joy to you and your new baby. Congratulations!”
- “Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness for you and your growing family. Congratulations!”
What Should You Write in an Email?
Emails are commonly exchanged between coworkers, especially in a professional setting. If you aren’t close enough to have their phone number or be invited to see them and their new baby, then sending an email is the next best thing. One perk of sending your congratulations in an email is that you can attach a fun e-card to it!
One example of an email you can send to congratulate your coworker on their new baby is this:
I am excited to hear the wonderful news about your new baby! I know that you will enjoy your new addition, and I wish you and your growing family much joy and happiness for the future. Let me know if you need me to help you with anything at the office.
Many, many congratulations to you and yours!
For an email with a more personal touch for a close coworker relationship, you can write something like this:
Congratulations on your new, beautiful baby! I know you will love every single moment with him/her – even the sleepless nights and scary diapers. You will be a fantastic parent, and your little one is blessed to be yours.
If you need anything, don’t hesitate to let me know!
Should You Send a Card?
Many people choose to send a card for the birth of a new baby. If you feel a general message of congratulations or an email is not adequate, then you can definitely send a card instead. Mostcards will already have well-wishes and congratulations written on them, but, if you have chosen to send a card, it’s a good idea to add your own personal message of congratulations as well.
Some examples of personal congratulatory messages that you can add to your card include:
- “I could not be more excited for you! Wishing health, love, happiness, and congratulations on your new baby!”
- “I hope your new baby knows he/she has the coolest parents in town! Congratulations on your new bundle of joy.”
- “Congratulations on your new baby! I could not be happier that your little miracle is finally here!”
If you can’t find the perfect card at a store, you can always check online. Etsy has some amazing cards to choose from, such as:
At Bless Our Littles, we like to talk about things we love and think you might enjoy too. Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links. Which means we will receive a commission, if you click on a link and make a purchase. This is no extra cost to you. There are some products we have tried and others that we haven’t but think would be helpful to you!
1. Nine Months Sober
Love this funny card! If you want to throw a little humor into congratulating your coworker, send them this card on nine months sober – oops, we mean the baby!
2. Pregnant Avocado
This adorable avocado “Congratulations!” card that gives you plenty of space to write your personal message inside!
3. Card + Gift Box (for boy or girl)
This great card plus gift box idea that comes with a live succulent and a relaxing candle. You can choose boy or girl.
Should You Give a Gift?
The question of whether or not you should give a gift when congratulating a coworker on their new baby lies in the status of your friendship with the coworker. If you are not friends outside of work, chances are they will not expect a gift. If your relationship with your coworker includes a friendship outside of work, getting a gift for them to celebrate their newborn is appropriate.
There are a few factors to consider when giving a baby gift to your coworker:
- If you aren’t close to your coworker but the office is getting together to give a gift to them, it’s perfectly fine to join forces and give one big office gift.
- Typically, you will not want to spend more than about $25 on a gift. Don’t worry – babies need lots of inexpensive things.
- If you have no idea what to buy, you can look at your coworker’s baby registry – or you can buy something like diapers, onesies, or blankets because new parents cannot get enough of them!
- Try to consider any beliefs your coworker has about baby gifts. Some people think it’s bad luck to get gifts before the baby is born, so giving a gift after the birth is preferred.
- Stick to practical gifts, and you should be fine!
Most gifts given after the birth of a baby are for the baby. If you have a particularly close friendship with your coworker, then you may rather get a gift for them. Gifting a new parent should focus on relaxation and convenience because that is something they will not have much of for a while. Books, calming candles, spa gift sets, and dustbusters are some great ideas for gifts for parents!
Gift Ideas for a Coworker Who Just Had a Baby
With so many things to choose from when it comes to gifting both parents and babies, you can consider yourself lucky because you get the luxury of having some of the best gifts picked out for you!
Gifts for Coworker’s New Baby
Baby Bath Time Essentials for Parents-to-Be includes 7 hypoallergenic Johnson’s brand bath time essentials in a bath caddy that is adorable and reusable. It includes items like baby lotion, baby wash, baby shampoo, hand and face wipes, and Desitin diaper rash cream. Johnson is the #1 baby skin care brand in the world, so this gift is sure to bring smiles!
This dark grey swaddle wrap is another great choice to gift a newborn. The wrap can be used as a blanket or a sleeping bag and will keep your baby warm and comfortable. Thick, crochet-style knitting, wooden buttons, and a hooded design make this baby wrap a must-have for all babies!
Gift for Coworker After Birth of Baby
This is an amazing book for a new parent because it is an honest reflection of your first year with a baby. Many baby books will leave out the “hard stuff” like smelling of vomit and mistakenly buying clothes with tons of buttons – but this book makes sure that new parents do not feel alone during sleepless nights.
This spa gift basket by Aqua Elegante is a wonderful gift idea that promotes relaxation and calm. Soothing tea tree and calming lavender scents make for a luxurious and beneficial spa experience that can relax both the body and the mind. The set comes with body wash, bubble bath, lotion, bath salts, body scrub, body spray, shower puff, and a towel.
Congratulating a coworker on a new baby doesn’t have to be difficult at all! There are plenty of ways to wish your coworker a blessed and happy life with their newborn and even more ways to express your congratulations in the form of celebratory gifts. Well-wishes are always welcomed at the birth of a new baby.
Remember that joining in with other coworkers for a group gift is completely acceptable and that opting for a gift card is sometimes even more appreciated than an actual concrete gift. When considering how you will send your congratulations, always look at the kind of relationship you have with your coworker first. Never feel obligated to send a gift, and only do what you feel is appropriate.
Below is a Pinterest friendly photo…. so you don’t lose this post!!
Other Posts you might enjoy……
- Bringing Gifts to a Gender Reveal Party >> Click Here
- 11 Unique Gifts for Baby Boy >> Click Here
- Unique Newborn Baby Gift Ideas >> Click Here