It’s time to start putting together the baby’s nursery! After you’ve decided on a theme and color, it’s time to decorate the walls. Incorporating scripture into your baby’s room is a beautiful way to cover them in God’s word. These are my favorite Bible verses for a baby’s nursery along with some of my favorite pieces of wall art!
Top Bible Verses for Your Baby Nursery
Maybe you are you waiting to find out your baby’s gender or you’ve been extra blessed with twins! These Bible verses are perfect gender-neutral verses for both girls and boys.
We use the WEB version of the Bible, but feel free to use your favorite version!
1. Psalm 139:13-15
“For you formed my inmost being. You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I will give thanks to you, For I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful. My soul knows that very well. My frame wasn’t hidden from you, When I was made in secret, Woven together in the depths of the earth.”
2. James 1:17
“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom can be no variation, nor turning shadow.”
3. Psalm 127:3
“Behold, children are a heritage of Yahweh. The fruit of the womb is his reward.”
Best Bible Verses for Baby Girl’s Nursery
Alright ladies, we have talked about gender neutral verses, but maybe you want something more feminine. We all want to encourage our sweet daughters to grow up to be a woman of God. These Bible verses are perfect for a baby girl’s nursery!
1. Proverbs 31:30
“Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain; but a woman who fears Yahweh, she shall be praised.”
2. Jeremiah 29:11
“’For I know the thoughts I think towards you,’ says Yahweh, ‘thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a hope and a future.’”
3. Proverbs 31:25
“Strength and dignity are her clothing. She laughs at the time to come.”
Best Bible Verses for Baby Boy’s Nursery
Girls are great, but some families are full of handsome little fellas. Praying for that son that grow up into a fearless leader? Consider some of these verses to remind you to raise your son to be a strong, man of God.
1. Joshua 1:9
“Haven’t I commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Don’t be afraid. Don’t be dismayed, for Yahweh your God is with you wherever you go.”
2. 1 Samuel 1:27-28
I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD….”
3. Psalm 127:3-4
“Behold, children are a heritage of Yahweh. The fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows in the hand of a mighty man, so are the children of youth.”
Why Should You Include Scripture in the Nursery?
Using Bible Verses in the nursery is a beautiful way to encourage your little one in their faith. Although they won’t be able to read them, they also serve as a sweet reminder for you!
- “I am so exhausted that I can barely keep my eyes open.”
- “It isn’t quiet enough with the baby for me to sit down and study Scripture.”
- “I can’t even shower. How do I have time to read?”
These are all excuses that we use to talk ourselves out of spending time with Jesus. I know. I know. They are lame excuses. Thankfully, God works in our heart and shows us how important it is to make time for Him. We need His Word. We need Jesus.
Surprisingly, your time with Jesus doesn’t have to be quiet and He sure doesn’t care if your hair hasn’t been washed in days. Your time with Jesus doesn’t even have to look conventional. He just wants our hearts.
Dear friend, you can even spend time with the Lord by simply meditating on one verse of Truth throughout the day. Also, another great way to remind yourself of God’s promises throughout the day is by saturating your home with them – by saturating your child’s room with them! These Bible verses will help you stay focused on the One who sustains you throughout motherhood.
How to Include Bible Verses in the Nursery?
We’ve talked about so many Bible verses for the baby nursery. But how do you incorporate these verses into your child’s room? There are so many ways to saturate your home and more specifically your baby nursery with Scripture. Etsy and Pinterest are both filled with great ideas and products.
Three Simple Ways to Include Scripture in the Nursery:
- Wall Art: You can find printed wall art or even beautiful paintings to hang above your baby’s crib. Another great idea is to find a vinyl adhesive and make your chosen verse a permanent part of the nursery wall! This will become the focal point for the entire room, which will be such a sweet reminder!
- Blankets: There are many companies that produce printed blankets that serve as banners of God’s truth. It doesn’t get much cuter than seeing your newborn swaddled up like a little burrito, surrounded in your favorite verse.
- Stuffed Animals/Dolls: Luvies, dolls, and stuffed animals can all be embroidered with Scripture. This is also a great way to ensure that our baby’s hold tight to God’s promises from their earliest days!
Best Printable Wall Art for Nursery
Though we use the WEB version on the blog, some of the featured art below contains other versions or abbreviated verses.
This three-piece set is a great neutral piece for any basic nursery. It reminds us of God’s nearness and His hand on our child’s life. These are gender neutral, so you can place them prints in any type of frame that goes with your nursery’s theme.
- “I am with you always.” Matthew 28:10
- “Before you were born, I set you apart.” Jeremiah 1:5
- “You are fearfully and wonderfully made.” Psalm 139:14
These printables are perfect for a safari themed room! Lions, tigers and bears…oh my! Just kidding!
Hippos, monkeys, and lions will help remind our children of who they are in Christ!
- “I am God’s Masterpiece.” Ephesians 2:10
- “I will not fear for God is with me.” Isaiah 41:10
- “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.” Philippians 4:13
- “I am a child of God.” John 1:12
- “God is with me always.” Matthew 28:20
- “The Spirit of God lives in me.” 1 Corinthians 3:16
This set of watercolor florals is absolutely beautiful! Mommas and daughters alike will love the wow factor that it brings to the room. Not to mention, that the Scripture on these is amazing! Every momma needs to know the truth found in God’s Word, so she can raise her daughter to be a faithful woman of God.
- “She is far more precious than jewels.” Proverbs 31:10
- “For this child we have prayed and the Lord has granted us the desires of our hearts.” 1 Samuel 1:17
- “She is fearfully and wonderfully made.” Psalm 139:14
This printable would go perfectly in a rugged little boy’s nursery. The black and white print surrounded by arrows will remind any little boy of the impact he can make. Put it together with a wood frame to finish off any little boy’s room.
- “Children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed in the man who fills his quiver with them.” Psalm 127:3-5
Best Scripture Wall Art
At Bless Our Littles, we like to talk about things we love and think you might enjoy too. Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links. Which means we will receive a commission, if you click on a link and make a purchase. This is no extra cost to you. There are some products we have tried and others that we haven’t but think would be helpful to you!
This lightweight canvas is perfect to remind our children (and us) that we need not fear, because God is always with us.
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged. For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
What’s more precious than a farmhouse sign for above your baby’s crib?! Try pairing this wood framed piece with florals to create a clean and relaxing nursery. Without a doubt, Chip and Joanna would be proud!
- “For this child we have prayed.” 1 Samuel 1:17
This vinyl lettering is the absolute cutest for a little boy’s nursery! It includes an airplane that hovers over the Scripture. It’s also a sweet reminder of God’s protection and guidance over him.
- “If I rise on the winds of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me. Psalm 139:9-10
Alright, who doesn’t love painted lettering on wood? This sign will complete almost any nursery theme! Certainly Isiah 46:4 will remind your child that God is with them every single day and will always watch over them.
- “I will protect you and carry you all the days of your life.” Isaiah 46:4
The Bible is filled with so many verses that will become an encouragement to you and your family. While you go through the early stages of motherhood, choose verses that will remind you of how good our God is!
Now that you have just read over some of the best verses for your baby’s nursery, which will you include in their room? Maybe you will place Joshua 1:9 over your baby boy’s crib, or you will decide to swaddle your little girl in a Proverbs 31 blanket! Whatever you choose, may it be a constant reminder that Jesus is the one who is the foundation of your family. With this in mind, He is the One who created and cares for your child. Sister, I know without a doubt He loves you and is after your heart.
Below is a Pinterest friendly photo…. so you don’t lose this post!!
Other Posts you might enjoy……
- Sweetest Bedtime Prayers for Babies >> Click Here
- The BEST Christian Baby Books >> Click Here
- Monthly Baby Picture Ideas >> Click Here