Oh Momma, your whole world has just changed. This little human is depending on you and at times you may feel overwhelmed. Although the nights are long and the days seem to run out of time, too quickly, God prepared you for this. Take sometime to spend with the Lord. Pray that He helps you through this season and comforts you as you embark on the journey of motherhood. Read through this list of the best Bible verses for new moms.
Through this exciting and exhausting season, you may being putting yourself aside. With this little one’s constant needs and your long list of to-do’s, it can seem impossible to get through the day.
15 Bible Verses for New Moms
My hope is throughout motherhood, you find joy and peace in the little moments. That you wouldn’t take this time for granted because it’s going to be over before you know it.
I know how difficult it can be to find time for God. That’s why I wrote a FREE 7 Day Devotional for Busy Moms. My hope is that you would rekindle your relationship with Him and become the mother He is calling you to be!
1. Be Positive (Philippians 4:8)
- He has blessed you with this beautiful little baby. Focus on all the gifts He has given you and find gratitude for them.
- Sometimes writing what you are grateful for in a journal, can help you to gain a more positive outlook.
2. Be Patient (Romans 12:12)
- Patience is something that you will practice so much of, during this time.
- Pray that the Lord would help you through the moments where you are in need of patience.
3. Let go of the need to Control (Proverbs 19:21)
- This is easier said than done! Remember, when we let God control our life, He can do such beautiful things.
- When we try to plan how our life should look, the Lord will try to guides us back toward His plans. He knows the past, present, and future…. so trust that He has something beautiful planned for you.
4. Listen (James 1:19)
- Everyone is giving you advice.. you may be tuning it out, but for many getting constant input can be frustrating.
- Have a mentor who is just a little bit ahead of you. They can give you useful wisdom and guidance. Pray that the Lord would give you someone that you can learn from and listen to.
5. Choose Love (John 13:34)
- Choose love today. In the moments when you get caught up in your to-do list, take a minute to stop and love.
- Call and catch up with your friend, kiss your spouse, or tell your new little one how loved they are.
6. Worry Less (Matthew 6:25-27)
- Worrying is something you probably do very often…. with so many concerns about your baby!
- Ask the Lord to calm your heart and lean into His word.
7. Give yourself Grace (2 Corinthians 4:16)
- You probably won’t do everything right. That’s the reality of parenting. Learning to give yourself grace will help you grow as a mother. Use these mistakes as lessons!
- One of the best phrases I’ve repeated to myself is “You are doing the best you can.” Remember that the Lord is with you and is guiding you.
8. Breathe (Ezekiel 37:5)
- Take a moment to breathe. God gave you that breath. He gave you life and the sweetest gift of motherhood.
- Just breathe momma, it’s going to be alright!
9. Nurture your Body (Song of Solomon 4:7/Psalm 139:14)
- You may have battle scars (AKA stretch marks).. your body may look a little different than it used to. But this body created your beautiful newborn baby.
- Give it grace today. Nurture it with whole foods and a little walk. You so deserve it!
10. Nurture your Mind (Romans 12:2)
- Between the house hold to-do’s and sleep deprivation, your mind needs to be nurtured to.
- Take a few minutes to pray and spend time with the Lord. Those dishes will be there but this time with the Lord is so important.
11. Nurture your Soul (Psalm 62:1)
- The Lord wants our soul to find rest in Him. This is where our thoughts, personality, and the gift of the Holy Spirit become one.
12. Spend time with God (Mark 1:35)
- Our sweetest example is Jesus! He took time, alone to spend with the Lord. Even in the midst of this busy season, find just a few minutes to be with the Lord. You will be so grateful that you did!
13. Be Attentive (Matt 13:16)
- These moments with your new baby will fly! Take everything in. Don’t miss a second to stare at their sweet face and listen to the breath of life, God gave them!
14. Be still (Exodus 14:14)
- While your little one is sleeping, find a few minutes to be still. To just live in the moment and enjoy this gift that God gave you!
15. Letting go of your mistakes (Philippians 3:13)
- It’s okay to make mistakes, these are more like learning moments. Take this as an opportunity to draw near to God!
As a new mom, I completely understand just how difficult it can be. One of the best things I found was reading my Bible. Each day the lord guides me with some powerful words of wisdom. I hope you enjoyed the bible verses for new moms that I have listed above they were so helpful for me and I hope they can do the same for you!
Below is a Pinterest friendly photo… so you don’t lose this post!
Other Posts you might enjoy……