So, you just found out you’re going to be a mom! Or maybe your BFF or sister is the mom-to-be. YAY! First…congratulations!!
There are a million details to sort out before baby gets here. Names, showers, nursery…so many details!
What a little blessing this child will be. Throughout the journey of pregnancy, Mom-to-be is seeing first hand what an amazing God we serve! Incorporating Bible Verses into the baby shower is a beautiful way to start building a foundation on the Lord.
Gender Neutral Bible Verses for Baby Shower
These Bible Verses are from the WEB version. Of course, use the version you are most familiar with! You can check those out over at Bible Gateway.
While some parents choose to find out the gender of their baby so they can decorate with gender specific colors, many parents choose to wait until the baby is born to find out if they’re having a girl or boy.
If you or the new mom you’re celebrating falls into this category, here are a few verses to get you started…
- 1 Samuel 1: 27 – “I prayed for this child; and Yahweh has given me my petition which I asked of him.”
- Jeremiah 1: 5 – “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I sanctified you. I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
- Jeremiah 29: 11 – “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you,” says Yahweh, “thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you hope and a future.”
- Psalm 127:3-5 – “Behold, children are a heritage of Yahweh. The fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows in the hand of a mighty man, so are the children of youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them. They won’t be disappointed when they speak with their enemies in the gate.”
- Proverbs 22:6 – “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”
- Deuteronomy 6:6-9 – “These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.”
Bible Verses for New Baby >> Click Here
Bible Verses for Baby Girl Shower
While some parents choose to wait to find out the gender, others simply cannot wait! They eagerly anticipate, plan fun gender reveals and then get down to shopping and planning. While some of these verses are not totally specific to girls, they are PERFECT for new little princesses.
- Proverbs 3:15 – “She is more precious than rubies. None of the things you can desire are to be compared to her.”
- Isaiah 44:24 – “Yahweh, your Redeemer, and he who formed you from the womb says: “I am Yahweh, who makes all things; who alone stretches out the heavens; who spreads out the earth by myself;”
- Proverbs 31:25 – “Strength and dignity are her clothing. She laughs at the time to come.”
Bible Verses For Little Girls >> Click Here
Bible Verses for Baby Boy Shower
This sweet little boy is truly a blessing from the Lord. These verses remind parent’s-to-be that God will grow him to be strong, wise, and perfect in the eyes of the Lord.
- Luke 2:23 – (as it is written in the law of the Lord, “Every male who opens the womb shall be called holy to the Lord”),
- Luke 2:40 – The child was growing, and was becoming strong in spirit, being filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon him.
- James 1:17 – Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom can be no variation, nor turning shadow.
Bible Verses for Little Boys >> Click here
What are your Favorites?
Instead of finding a verse that is specific to babies, maybe include one of your favorites. This would be a sweet reminder of your love and prayers for this little one.
WAYS TO USE BIBLE VERSES AT A BABY SHOWER
1. Bible Verses for Baby Shower Cards
There are quite a few ways to incorporate Bible Verses into cards.
- Thank You cards (from mom-to-be)
- Greeting Cards for Shower
Here are a few ways to use Bible Verses:
- On the front of the card – Use a Bible verse as the front greeting of the card you give mom-to-be. Let mom know the verse you have prayed over her and will continue praying over her.
- On the inside of the card – Use a bible verse as the inside greeting. With so many cheesy greetings out there, a bible verse is a great choice for cards because it shows you care, are praying and support the parents to be as they raise up their child as a Christ-follower.
- As an addition to the card – Put an insert in the greeting card for mom-to-be. Whether you print it off, hand draw or paint it…make the smaller enough to put inside a greeting card. The new mommy and daddy can frame the insert and put it in the baby’s nursery for decoration. And they’ll think of you every time they see it!
- Birth announcement – Send a birth announcement out and include a bible verse (check below for some ideas of specific verses). Let people know you appreciate their prayers through birth and ask for continued prayers as you begin your parenting journey.
- Thank you card – Share your gratitude with people! Whether they attended your shower, sent a gift in absentia, baby-sat or participated in your life some other meaningful way…it’s always a good idea to add a verse for a baby shower thank you card.
2. For the Party Planner: Details
Of course you know you need food and decorations. But have you thought about some of the small, but significant details? Those personal touches that make you think “Awwww!” when you see them.
As you’re planning this shower, you’ll likely think about what mom-to-be loves and what she values so you can incorporate pieces of her personality throughout.
For many moms, this includes faith-based details. The perfect way do to this? Yep, you’ve guessed it. We’re talking srcipture for baby showers.
With the many details that go into a baby shower, there are MANY ways to do this.
Here are a few ways to include Bible Verses into the Party:
- Entrance or Greeting table – Set the tone for guests the moment they arrive with a verse sitting on the table or counter when people walk in the door.
- Opening prayer – After guests arrive and before you being the activities you have planned, say a prayer and include a verse to pray over the growing family. Let guests know they can use this verse for the remainder of the pregnancy to pray over and uplift the mom and dad to be.
- In the gift bags or favors – As guests are leaving, there is usually some kind of takeaway. Include a verse so the guests can continue praying over mommy-to-be.
- In the games – Are you decorating onesies or writing notes in children’s books? Display a few bible verses (again, list below if you need some ideas!) people can draw inspiration from! How cute would a onesie that says “For this child I have prayed” be?!?! COME ON!
- In the décor – Don’t feel like you have to get TOO creative with this. Include a verse on the gift table, food table, and around the space. Let the new mommy be surrounded by love and God’s word!
There are so many ways to use Bible verses as you prepare for a baby! Whether you’re going to be a momma or are welcoming a friend’s child, there are plenty of ways to pray over a new baby and use bible verses to bless the whole family.
What bible verses have you used in cards, invitations or baby showers? Comment below with your favorites!!
Below is a Pinterest friendly photo…. share with your momma friends!!
FREE Newborn Prayer Cards >> Click Here
Other Posts you might enjoy……
Scripture For New Baby >> Click Here
Bible Verses for New Moms >> Click Here